Last 2 days ago, I was about to look for a particular post that I have published few years back here in my blog but to my surprise it was down !!!! I was shocked and it got me thinking what happened. Here is what it looks like when I tried to open this blog.
At first, I have no clue what happened but I guess I need to tweak some settings in my server's dashboard and on blogger. Since my other blog A SLICE OF LIFE went down too last August 2022, so I thought I'd do or copy what I have done there. It seems that I need to add a subdomain or put www. before my domain. It means that I need to create a subdomain on my blog. Hoping that it will work, I just experimented. I don't know why I came up with the idea or adding a subdomain but hey it works.
Here's what I did, since my blog works or redirect before without www, I need to add now.
1. In my blogger settings, PUBLISHING , I clicked the CUSTOM DOMAIN and added www before my domain name; and when I clicked the update button this message appeared. I just followed what it says. (Don't click save bec. it will not really work).
2. I opened my server 1and1.com's dashboard and clicked my domain blog and created a subdomain by adding www. and clicked save.
3. Then on the subdomain, on the right side, click the dropdown menu and I clicked the DNS to add a CNAME record
3. Click CNAME : ADD RECORD host: www and point to ghs.google.com click save.
4. After that, I went back to my BLOGGER dashboard and on the custom domain I clicked the SAVE button and the error disappeared and it will update since you have made or added a subdomain.
5. On the Redirect domain on the blogger settings, activate it or turn it ON. That's it!
I waited for an hour or so and boom my 4 blogs are up again. !!!